In-Home 'Boxercise' Training
Boxing training - often referred to as 'Boxercise' is a fantastic and fun way to really get in shape. Combining boxing moves (punching!) and circuit style exercises, boxing training can really enhance your fitness.
Just to be clear, you don't get punched! You are working against pads, held by your trainer!
The top benefits of boxing training include...
- Improved Cardiovascular Health. This is all about the heart and lungs and a circuit style boxing session will definitely get your heart beat raised.
- Improved Total Body Strength. Boxing provides a total body workout. Power for your punches starts from your legs, moves through your core and involves, of course, your shoulders and arms.
- Better Hand-Eye Co-ordination. You may not think about the importance of hand-eye coordination and its affect on total health, but hand-eye coordination plays an important role in a person’s gross and fine motor skills. Individuals with good hand-eye coordination tend to have faster reflexes and reaction times, and tend to have better physical coordination as a whole. This is particularly important during aging, as coordination and balance become compromised, increasing the risk of falls.
- Stress Busting. Put the gloves on, think of your worst ever boss, or an unfortunate 'Ex', and take it out on the pads. It works wonders!
- Improved Body Composition / Weight Loss. Circuit style boxing training provides a great combination of muscle building impetus and calorie-torching bouts of cardio. This type of training keeps your body burning calories at an enhanced rate for several hours after your session.